The Gentle Man Next Door is a Rabbit - 81

 

TGMNDIAR - 81 | Extra 2



Bai Nian hadn't experienced false-pregnancy for a long time. 


Ever since Xu Mu found out how uncomfortable it made him feel, he had taken special care to avoid triggering it. 


Rabbit bodies were sensitive, but as long as the frequency of touch wasn't too high, the phenomenon of false-pregnancy wouldn't occur frequently. Just paying a little attention during normal times, not getting too wild, was enough.


"I'll come pick you up after work today," Xu Mu said decisively, retrieving the bottle, turning it upside down, and giving it a shake, a faint milky fragrance wafting from the opening.


Bai Nian didn't object, covering his eyes with both hands, the corner of his mouth slackening as he spoke hoarsely, "Okay."


"Oh, by the way, Ye Ye called just now. He said he's going to the neighboring planet this weekend with his classmates to see a concert and won't be coming back," Xu Mu continued.


Qin Ye was twelve this year, just starting middle school. In order to cultivate his independence, he had been thrown into a full-day boarding school. 


At first, he wasn't used to it, but slowly he seemed to find some enjoyment and had integrated into the large group, increasingly enjoying going out.


Bai Nian looked up at the ceiling, his cheeks flushing slightly, his eyelashes forming into little strands. "...I know."


Xu Mu brushed aside the stray hair from his forehead. "Feeling dizzy? Nauseous?"


Bai Nian shook his head slightly. "No, I'm not. Just a bit bloated when I get up, but I'm feeling much better now."


Xu Mu breathed a sigh of relief. "That's good."


He lightly touched his chin with his lips and whispered, "Next time, I won't be so wild."


Bai Nian smiled. "I enjoyed it."


Xu Mu cleared his throat. "Really?"


"Yeah."


"...Then next time?"


Bai Nian glanced sideways. "Do you like it?"


"The pearl necklace vest looks good," Xu Mu pecked his lips.


Bai Nianye sighed helplessly. "...That thing, really..." He seemed hesitant to speak, "Next time, let's not do it together, it's too strange."


"Nothing strange about it," Xu Mu immediately replied.


Bai Nian glanced at him, his face flushing again. "Didn't you throw away those beads a few days ago?"


Xu Mu blinked innocently. "Why would I throw them away? Just wash them clean, and we can play with them next time."


Bai Nian remained silent, his toes curling as he gave him a little shove, scratching him lightly as if tickling him.


Xu Mu went along with the push and fell back, pulling Bai Nian into his arms and rolling around on the bed with him. Bai Nian couldn't push him away, so he ended up joining in the fun.


"...You're unbelievable," Bai Nian's chest rose and fell, a faint blush spreading across his cheeks. "I can't keep up with you young people. You have so much energy. It's fine if you wear that pearl vest, but at my age, who—"


"What age?" Xu Mu interrupted, "You're at the age of peerless elegance that captivates people."


Bai Nian couldn't help but laugh at his teasing. "You can say that in front of me, but don't say it outside. I'm over forty, and you're talking about peerless elegance, captivating people... When I was young, I didn't dare to boast like that."


"But you always have been," Xu Mu chuckled. "You just had your birthday last month. Where does 'old' come from?"


"It's about time—" Bai Nian didn't finish his sentence as Xu Mu silenced him with a kiss, rendering him speechless.


"In my heart, you'll always be gentle and beautiful. No one can compare to you," Xu Mu said earnestly.


Bai Nian gently touched his own eye corner and sighed, "Okay, I'll accept your sweet words. But time won't listen to you, I’ll have wrinkles as I age..."


Xu Mu pinched his chin, discontentedly saying, "What wrinkles? Don't talk nonsense."


"So slippery, I can't even hold you properly," he groped around from his face to his thigh, "When we go out, I'm the one who looks older."


Bai Nian smiled softly and said in a gentle tone, "Don't try to comfort me. Sometimes when I look in the mirror, I can see the fine lines at the corners of my eyes, becoming more and more prominent..."


"Who doesn't have wrinkles when they smile?" Xu Mu interrupted, smiling exaggeratedly and crinkling the corners of his eyes. "Look, I'm the same, wrinkles everywhere."


Bai Nian tapped his head lightly and said softly, "You're being silly."


Xu Mu touched his belly, which had a slight roundness due to the fake pregnancy. He lowered his head, pressing his ear against Bai Nian's stomach, and said seriously, "Look, you're still pregnant. Let me listen to what our baby has to say. Ah, he's praising Daddy for being young and handsome, and Daddy for being handsome and cool..."


Bai Nian couldn't help but laugh. He pinched Xu Mu's cheek and asked, "Are you acting or being sincere?"


"It’s true," Xu Mu chuckled, kissing the palm of his hand.


Bai Nian pulled his hand back, his fingertips curling slightly. 


"Time has bestowed upon you a unique charm, like aged wine, mellow and intoxicating, with a long aftertaste," Xu Mu said, looking directly into Bai Nian's eyes with utmost sincerity.


"Brother Nian, I've always been fascinated by you," Xu Mu said, causing Bai Nian's heart to beat a little faster.


"...Hmm," Bai Nian looked away.


Xu Mu raised an eyebrow, suddenly grabbing his waist tightly and burying his head.


"Sure enough, there's no such thing as a free lunch. You talk about age again! Fine, after all these years, you still think I'm too young! You prefer mature people, think I'm childish, alright, I get it, you want to dump me! 


We've been together for seven years—seven years, are you experiencing the seven-year itch? Is that it? You're tired of sleeping with me! You want to nibble on younger cabbages, you think I'm an old dish, too tough, tasteless, you want to change..."


Bai Nian's waist was tickled by Xu Mu's hair. He lifted his foot and lightly tapped Xu Mu's back, laughing uncontrollably. "Alright, cut it out, you're too old for this. Get up..."


But Xu Mu refused to relent, continuing to tease him.


Bai Nian coaxed him, "Hey, what do you want for breakfast? I'll make it for you."


Xu Mu picked up the fallen bottle from the pillow, uncorked it with one hand, and drank it all in one gulp. "Not hungry, I'm full," he smacked his lips, the scent of milk lingering.


Bai Nian glared at him shyly. Full? Really?


Xu Mu grinned mischievously and leaned closer, opening his mouth. "Ahh, let me give you a taste."


Bai Nian pushed his head away disdainfully. "I'm not eating that, you're a pervert."


Who drinks their own...


Imitating the evil laugh of a cartoon villain, Xu Mu pounced on him. "Too late, just surrender!"


Bai Nian tried to fend him off, but...


"Hahaha... Okay, stop... stop tickling my feet..."


Xu Mu played the role of interrogator, "Tell me, have you set your eyes on some fresh cabbage outside? Do you think I'm too old? Not young enough anymore? Answer me, you only have one chance!"


Bai Nian kept laughing, his eyes glistening with tears. He shrugged his shoulders, shaking with laughter. "...No, no, I haven't... hahaha... you're not old... you're the youngest... hahaha... you're the freshest cabbage... hahaha..."


Satisfied, Xu Mu nodded. "Hmm, that's more like it."


Bai Nian gave him a playful glare, his eyes watery with amusement.


Childish ghost.


---


Navigation Station


"On duty, off duty, on duty, off duty..." Xu Mu plucked the last petal from the rose and sighed deeply. "Nades, why don't robots take over the world? Then humans wouldn't have to work."


On the screen, Nades was diligently cleaning the house. "Master, please don't ask such childish questions. I'm tired from sweeping, so please don't add to my burden."


Xu Mu frowned and sighed, looking out the window. "Brother Nian's lousy company, he works overtime every day, heartless capitalists!"


"Labor is most honorable, Master. If you have free time, come back and clean up," Nades replied dutifully.


Xu Mu waved it off. "Alright, alright, I'll come back and—"


His expression suddenly changed, sitting up straight.


The porthole faced the elevator entrance, and with a "ding," the surrounding floating lights illuminated.


"Sorry to bother you so late, Brother Bai, for such a trivial matter," Dai Yuan loosened his tie. After the formalities were over, the seriousness on his face faded, revealing the lively demeanor of someone in their twenties.


Bai Nian spoke warmly, "No problem, it's important to identify and rectify issues promptly. It's the least we can do."


Dai Yuan laughed heartily. "Alright, as long as Brother Bai doesn't blame me." He shifted his focus firmly onto Bai Nian, his eyes showing determination. "But I still want to make it up to you, even at this hour..."


"How about I treat you to supper?"


Bai Nian hesitated for a moment, politely declining. "Sorry, someone is waiting for me outside—"


"Brother Nian!" An enthusiastic voice interrupted, and the next moment, his shoulder was grabbed.


Xu Mu leaned in naturally, brushing his lips against Bai Nian's. "Your finally off work, I've been waiting for you for so long."


He was dressed in a sports hoodie, looking energetic and lively.


Bai Nian smiled and pursed his lips, his eyes softening. "I told you I could come back on my own, but you insisted on coming. Aren't you tired of waiting?"


"Not at all," Xu Mu casually nuzzled against his cheek. "I just missed you too much."


Bai Nian smiled back at him.


Xu Mu suddenly noticed the man beside him. "Hey, Brother Nian, who's this?"


Dai Yuan narrowed his eyes slightly, his chin lifted, exuding a bit of imposing aura.


Bai Nian whispered softly, "He's Mr. Dai Yuan, the client manager for our project this time."


Xu Mu suddenly realized, "Oh, right, the one that has been making you work overtime these days..."


He quickly changed the subject with a smile. "Hello, Mr. Dai."


Dai Yuan's gaze briefly flickered to Xu Mu's hand before retracting. "Hello."


He then turned to Bai Nian and asked, "Is this Brother Bai's... boyfriend?"


Bai Nian was about to respond, but Xu Mu interjected, "I used to be, but I now go by something else."


Turning his head slightly, Xu Mu continued naturally, "Brother Nian, the marriage certificate envelope set I ordered online arrived this morning."


Bai Nian was taken aback.



In the Skywalker


"...I'm telling you, that guy with his shifty eyes, pointed nose, and bird-like mouth, his face screams 'up to no good.' He must have some sinister intentions towards you!" Xu Mu concluded emphatically.


Bai Nian couldn't help but laugh and cry. "Really? You're overthinking it. He just graduated from university and took over Mr. Dai's position. How could he possibly have feelings for me? I'm over forty, not some coveted prize. Don’t be so exaggerated."


Xu Mu's expression became even more exaggerated. "You don't look a day over forty! You're eighteen! Young, beautiful, gentle, and generous. Anyone who spends time with you would fall in love with you!"


Bai Nian couldn't help but feel exasperated. This child, his words are becoming more...


Xu Mu was indignant. "If I had known this would happen, I would have spruced myself up and shown him what youthful vitality looks like!"


—Being only four years older, he still had some "youthful charm" left!


Bai Nian pinched his nose softly and said gently, "But now, I prefer mature and steady. Your age is just right, one year more or less doesn't matter."


Xu Mu glanced at him skeptically. "Really?"


"Yeah."


"...Alright." Xu Mu reluctantly accepted, but his mouth was still muttering.


Bai Nian leaned his chin on his hand, quietly watching Xu Mu. His gaze was gentle, as if it could squeeze out water.


Xu Mu was slow to catch on. "What's wrong? Did I talk too much?"


Bai Nian shook his head. "No, it's just—"


He spoke softly and slowly, each word delicate. "Although I shouldn't be, seeing you get jealous for me, um... is it jealousy? Or rather, seeing you care about me. I'm actually very happy. It's like you're telling me that I'm very important to you, able to stir your emotions at any moment. I'm irreplaceable, unique."


"Yeah, you are," Xu Mu said without hesitation. "I care about you. I'm wary of everyone around you. I hope I'm the only one who can enjoy your attention."


He grabbed Bai Nian's wrist, pressing the palm against his cheek, and sighed softly. "I'm already soaking in vinegar here, and you're still not sure if I'm jealous?"


Bai Nian whispered, "I love you, Ah Mu."


—So, you don't need to feel uneasy about it.


Xu Mu understood his meaning and smiled. "I know, but in relationships, jealousy, possessiveness... nobody can control them."


"Like last time, when you subtly asked me if I've added fans like other top anchors, I also felt secretly happy."


Recently, there was a super-rich fan in the gaming area who went to various famous live streams, showering gifts and then adding contact information to play games with the anchors. 


Initially, not many anchors added him, but as this rich fan gained popularity, all the top anchors wanted to jump on the bandwagon. Some even actively added him, and the first one to do so became an overnight sensation.


—Of course, this popularity inevitably spilled over to Xu Mu's live stream.


Bai Nian was momentarily stunned. "You... you knew I..."


Xu Mu raised an eyebrow. "You were so sour that day, I'm not stupid. Of course, I knew."


Bai Nian pursed his lips, his earlobes turning slightly red. "Then why didn't you just tell me directly instead of beating around the bush?"


"Just like you said, I'm very happy to be cared about."


Bai Nian's ears turned even redder.


Xu Mu chuckled again. "Besides, didn't I directly share my social media account with you later? You would know everything that happens on my end."


"Oh, so that's how it is," Bai Nian smiled embarrassedly. "I was wondering why you suddenly did that—"


"Did you check my records?" Xu Mu asked.


“...”


"Oh, you did," Xu Mu said.


Bai Nian chuckled softly. "So, are we going to get the certificate?"


Xu Mu's expression blanked for a moment. "W-What?"


Bai Nian smiled gently. "Didn't you buy the marriage certificate set? There has to be a certificate to go into the envelope, right?"


Xu Mu stuttered, "I-I was just bluffing —"


“Registry offices have robots on duty at night, so as long as there are no issues with the documents, we shouldn't need human intervention,” Bai Nian tilted his head. “Or are you saying you don't want to marry me?”


"Marry marry marry!" Xu Mu's mind buzzed, instinctively nodding. 


Joking aside, why wouldn't he want to marry! He had been thinking about it lately, but hadn't got around to it.


"I-I haven't prepared the ring yet..." Xu Mu said in a daze. "Maybe I need a ceremony. I haven't proposed yet. I-I'll go buy a ring..."


Bai Nian lowered his gaze, suddenly speaking up, "Are you going to kneel on one knee?"


Thump


Xu Mu's knee hit the ground with a loud sound.


Bai Nian burst out laughing. "Wow, you're really going for it. Do you want to propose now, or shall I?"


As he spoke, he made to stand up.


Nervously, Xu Mu's Adam's apple bobbed, and he quickly pushed Bai Nian back into the chair.


Bai Nian understood.


He plucked one of the roses Xu Mu had given him. "Let's use this for now."


Trembling, Xu Mu took it, paused for a few seconds, then took out a small knife and began to work.


A rose stem ring.


Bai Nian was surprised. "You can do this too?"


"It's a bit crude," Xu Mu lowered his head, holding his fingertips. "I'll improve it later."


"Sounds good," Bai Nian said with a smile.


Xu Mu carefully put the rose ring on his finger.


He opened and closed his mouth several times until finally, all he managed was, "...Brother, will you marry me?"


After a moment's pause, he said, "I can marry you too."


Bai Nian chuckled and looked at Xu Mu with affection.


He said, "Sure. If you marry me, of course, I can marry you too."


The two locked eyes, and in that moment, smiles bloomed in each other's eyes.


...


Xu Mu rushed to the Civil Affairs Bureau.


About an hour later, he returned home with Bai Nian, clutching the freshly printed marriage certificate, feeling dizzy.


Though Bai Nian was excited too, he was a bit tired, his eyelids heavy from exhaustion. Between working overtime and the fake pregnancy, it had been draining.


Xu Mu hugged Bai Nian and kissed him, saying affectionately, "Let me help you take a bath."


Bai Nian yawned, "Stop making trouble."


"I'm not fooling around," Xu Mu said, holding his lips. "Transform into your mimicry."


Bai Nian considered it for a moment, realizing this method could indeed work.


The next moment, Bai Nian had transformed into a fluffy lop-eared rabbit, obediently nestling in his arms.


Xu Mu rubbed his little belly and kissed him.


The lop-eared rabbit's ears drooped, and he patted Xu Mu's hand in response.


"Okay, time for your bath," Xu Mu said quickly.


He walked into the bathroom and carefully washed the lop-eared rabbit from head to toe, being extremely meticulous.


The lop-eared rabbit lay comfortably in Xu Mu's palm, behaving obediently, turning its head when needed and kicking its legs out.


After the bath, Xu Mu blow-dried the rabbit's fur and gently combed it.


Meanwhile, Bai Nian had fallen into a deep sleep in the warm air.


Xu Mu carried him to the pillow and went to take a bath himself. When he came out, he hugged the soft lop-eared rabbit, his nerves tingling with excitement, completely unable to fall asleep. 


Xu Mu looked up at the ceiling, feeling his heart about to burst out of his chest. 


— He got married. 


— He married Brother Nian. 


— He got married to Brother Nian tonight. 


It was an ordinary evening, unexpectedly, but incredibly, he got married. 


Xu Mu couldn't close his eyes, feeling a headache in his temples. He was unable to calm down and not a bit sleepy. 


He thought, what should he do... 


At least, he needed a ring first. 


Yes, a ring. 


Custom-made would take time, but there were ready-made ones. 


He ordered two, one for the proposal, one for the marriage. 


As for the others, just buy some good-looking ones, no need to care about the number, let Bai Nian change them every day! 


...


Bai Nian slept deeply, he felt lazy and comfortable all over his body. As soon as he opened his eyes, before he could gather his thoughts, he heard Xu Mu speaking. 


"Brother Nian, change back to your human form." 


Bai Nian didn't think much and changed back. 


Then he was stunned. 


Xu Mu was dressed in a suit, meticulously groomed, clean-shaven, standing tall and proud, his whole demeanor looked radiant. 


He was kneeling on one knee at the bedside, staring straight at Bai Nian.

“Brother, we got married” Bai Nian felt a bit dazed. Ah, yes, they went to register last night. Now that he thought about it, it felt like a dream. 


After all, this kind of development was too sudden, completely unplanned, but at that moment, some emotion had reached its peak, prompting him to make this decision. 


“But I still feel like we lack some ceremony.” 


Bai Nian looked him up and down, hesitantly asking, “So... do you want to propose again?” 


“Yes.” Xu Mu earnestly held Bai Nian's hand. “Brother Nian, I love you. Would you be willing to marry me, or should I marry you?” 


He’s so adorable. Bai Nian's lips couldn't help but curve upward, but he still tried to maintain his composure. 


“I love you too, and I'm willing.” 


Xu Mu carefully slipped the ring onto his finger. 


Bai Nian raised his hand and looked at it himself. “When did you buy this? Last night?” He observed Xu Mu's face. “Did you stay up all night?” 


“I bought it last night.” Xu Mu only answered the first question. 


Bai Nian had already guessed the answer to the second question. He rubbed Xu Mu's head. 


“You...” 


“Is it nice?” Xu Mu asked. 


“The ring?” 


“Yes.” 


“It's beautiful.” 


Xu Mu's smile deepened. 


Bai Nian gently rubbed the side of the ring with his fingertip, his gaze softened.


“There's more,” Xu Mu said. 


“What else?” Bai Nian was puzzled. 


“The engagement ring.” 


“...Isn't the one I'm wearing now the engagement ring?” 


“Not entirely. The customized one isn't ready yet; that's the one that counts as perfect.” Xu Mu pointed to the bedside table. “These—” 


A row of rings sparkled. 


“You can start wearing these for now.” 


Bai Nian: “...” 


Xu Mu continued, “And I think this proposal is too simple, lacking in ceremony. We'll have to make up for it later. Hmm, and then the wedding... Actually, I think registering last night was too rushed, and the photos weren't good either. Let's take new ones later.”


“Uncle and Auntie need to be informed; all three important occasions need to be perfect... Oh, by the way, Brother Nian, where do you want to go for our honeymoon? I'll start preparing now, or maybe think about the venue for the wedding, or else...” Xu Mu kept talking incessantly. 


Bai Nian rubbed his temples, realizing for the first time that his boyfriend, oh, sorry, his husband, was actually a perfectionist.


He sighed, leaned in, and planted a kiss on the corner of Xu Mu's lips. Xu Mu was speechless.


Bai Nian smiled. “Compared to all this, there's something more important now.”


Xu Mu asked, “...What?”


Bai Nian gestured with his fingertip across his own chin, Adam's apple...


He reached out, his fingertip brushing Xu Mu's lips.


He said, “Eating breakfast first!”


Post a Comment

0 Comments

Contact Form