It’s Exciting to Snatch the Supporting Male Lead and Run Away [Quick Wear] - 135

 

IETSTSMLARA | The Post-Apocalyptic Black Lotus | 135



"I'm just trying to reason with you." Lin Su played the role of a scumbag effortlessly, especially since the little guy was so cooperative, making the lines flow even more smoothly. 


"Why have you become so unreasonable? Are you really twisting my words like this?"


"Is it because of him?" Ming Tang pointed at Jiang Ruan, who was sitting on the ground. "You never treated me like this before. You used to coax me, but ever since... he showed up, you've changed!"


"It has nothing to do with him. I'm talking about your problem right now." Lin Su frowned and said, "Can you not bring irrelevant people into this?"


"Is my feeling wrong? You think I only cause trouble, that I'm no help at all. He's gentle, considerate, and knows how to please you, so you've grown tired of me." Ming Tang took a deep breath and said, "Saying all this is just an excuse to break up."


Tears streamed down Ming Tang's face, no matter how much he tried to wipe them away. 


Lin Su took a deep breath, stepped forward, and held his shoulders, saying, "I'm sorry, baby, I..."


"Brother Lin, Brother Ming, please don't argue because of me. I know I can do very little to help Brother Lin, but I really just want to help. I didn't mean anything else." Jiang Ruan softly said as he watched the two of them, "Brother Ming, if you hate me, I can leave. Don't blame Brother Lin, he really didn't mean it."


The atmosphere, which had somewhat eased, grew tense again because of these words. Ming Tang looked at Jiang Ruan, his face filled with an unbearable frustration: "Shut up, you green tea b*tch, you white lotus! Stop pretending to be the good guy!"


He looked ready to charge forward, but Lin Su immediately stopped him, saying, "What does this have to do with him? He's just trying to mediate. Don't involve innocent people."


"You're protecting him now, aren't you?" Ming Tang's chest heaved as he struggled. "Let go of me! I want to tear his face apart."


"Sit down properly." Lin Su pushed him onto the sofa. "You weren't like this before. Why have you become so unreasonable now?"


"Unreasonable?!" Ming Tang felt a wave of faint displeasure as he fell onto the sofa. 


Even though this was just acting, hearing the man defend that person still made him incredibly upset. "Who's the one being unreasonable here?!"


"Can you stop making a scene? He has already finished what you couldn't, giving you a chance to rest. What more do you want?" Lin Su looked at him with some disappointment on his face.


This is just acting, this is just acting, this is just acting, Ming Tang told himself. 


To be a good actor, one must have a professional spirit. The scene was already halfway done; he couldn't quit now. 


Otherwise, all the frustration he'd endured so far would be for nothing... but it still made him so angry. It felt so real, making him want to kill those two adulterous scumbags! 


But he couldn't bear to lose his brother, so maybe he'd just go down with them!


Ming Tang stiffened his neck, looking very aggrieved.


【Host, your little darling's patience is running out, and his anger is skyrocketing, about to explode.】 System 06 provided the most straightforward data analysis.


He was the one acting, and he was the one deeply immersed in the role. Lin Su acknowledged this with a quick nod and, signaling with his eyes behind Jiang Ruan's back, Ming Tang managed to swallow his grievances. 


With a belly full of reluctance, he stood up angrily and stormed out.


This time, there was no need to act—Ming Tang was genuinely angry! The kind of anger that fills up a whole new ledger!


He slammed the door with a loud bang, and Lin Su closed his eyes, taking a deep breath as he tried to act through the scene to the end.


"Brother Lin, can you help me up? My foot hurts, and I can't get up," Jiang Ruan said, looking at his back with joy in his heart. The more they fought, the better he would seem in comparison.


However, by the time Lin Su turned around, Jiang Ruan had already transformed into a delicate, frail boy who couldn't get up due to the pain.


Lin Su crouched down and pulled him up by the elbow. When Jiang Ruan stumbled and tried to fall into his arms, Lin Su subtly stepped back, making it seem like a coincidence to Jiang Ruan.


Once seated on the sofa, Jiang Ruan rubbed his ankle and said, "I'm sorry, Brother Lin, for causing a misunderstanding between you two. I really didn't mean to."


"It's alright." Lin Su placed him on the sofa and leaned against the nearby table, saying, "His temper has been a bit strange lately, so don't take it to heart."


"It's nothing," Jiang Ruan smiled. "Brother Ming is just straightforward. Honestly, that kind of bold and daring personality is something to be admired."


【Host, what does that mean?】 System 06 asked curiously.


The words sounded like a compliment.


【I'm not as hot-tempered as he is. I'm gentle and understanding,】 Lin Su translated.


Lin Su understood the meaning and naturally responded with the corresponding scumbag rhetoric: "I wish he were as sensible as you."


Jiang Ruan was secretly delighted, knowing that he had taken a very successful first step. 


When a man says something like that, it means he's already interested: "Don't worry about what happened today. I'm sure things will get better soon."


The argument in the office didn’t go unnoticed by those outside. In the post-apocalyptic world, conditions were not as soundproof as in peaceful times. 


The sight of Ming Tang storming out with tears streaming down his face, the door slamming behind him, and the subsequent orders from Lin Su to have Jiang Ruan sent home, left many feeling like they had just witnessed a juicy drama unfold.


"Absolutely thrilling," Cheng Song commented as he peeked in on the scene.


Wang Tai, hearing the recount, couldn’t grasp what was so thrilling about it. 


Instead, he thought dating seemed like an incredibly exhausting ordeal.


"Don’t you think it was an exciting show where they teamed up to tear apart a white lotus?" Cheng Song asked. "You rarely see something like that on TV."


Wang Tai shook his head decisively. "No, I don’t watch that kind of show."


"So, what did you used to watch?" Cheng Song asked.


Wang Tai paused for a moment before replying, "Tom and Jerry."


Completely different age group, Cheng Song thought. 


As he got up, he reached out, making Wang Tai instinctively protect his carefully styled hair. But Cheng Song just put his hand in his pocket and turned to leave. 


However, just as Wang Tai relaxed, Cheng Song quickly ruffled his hair, leaving his cowlicks standing on end, and walked away with a parting shot, "Little kid."


When Lin Su got home and closed the door, he was met with the thunderous expression of the person sitting on the sofa. 


He walked over and bent down, asking, "Who made my little darling so angry?"


He was about to pat Ming Tang on the cheek, but Ming Tang dodged it, huffing as he turned away. "It doesn’t matter if I’m angry or not. After all, I’m the unreasonable one. Why would it matter when you have your new gentle and understanding sweetheart?"


His words came out as if squeezed through gritted teeth, with jealousy so intense it felt like it could swallow the whole room.


Lin Su sat down beside him, reaching out to pull him into an embrace. No matter how much Ming Tang struggled, Lin Su didn’t let go. 


Once the person in his arms quieted down, he said, “What new sweetheart? My only darling is right here in my arms.”


“I’m useless, not as capable as him,” Ming Tang continued sulking.


“I didn’t drink a single sip of the water he brought, the documents he delivered were unimportant, and the messages he passed on were so trivial that if anyone overheard them, the entire base would be in chaos,” Lin Su said, holding him tighter. 


“If I really needed someone competent, there are plenty of others more qualified than him. It takes more effort on my part to find tasks that he won’t mess up. And as for my little darling, there’s nothing you can’t do—you’re perfectly capable.”


As he spoke, Lin Su leaned down and kissed Ming Tang’s earlobe. 


Ming Tang’s body trembled slightly, the corners of his mouth couldn’t help but turn up a bit, though he quickly pressed them down. “But was I really being unreasonable? What if we run into someone even more skilled at playing the green tea act than me in the future?”


“How could my darling be a green tea? You’re just emotionally intelligent,” Lin Su replied, kissing his neck. “As for green teas, if I can’t tell, then whoever you say is one, is one.”


Ming Tang’s mood shifted from stormy to sunny in just a few words. He turned around, wrapping his arms around Lin Su’s neck and whimpered, “Brother, I’m so wronged, you were mean to me.”


“I overdid it, I know. I’m sorry, it won’t happen again, okay?” Lin Su said, soothingly stroking his back.


When a cat’s fur is bristling, even if it’s in the wrong, you still have to smooth it down. Only after it’s calmed will it listen to reason.


Ming Tang never thought anyone could so easily control his emotions like this. The mere idea seemed terrifying. 


Yet, when it came to this person, he found himself feeling joy, worry, and anger all for him, and each day he felt himself loving him a little more.


Seeing him brought happiness, hearing his voice brought happiness, and all he wanted was to stick close to him every day.


Wrapped up in Lin Su’s kisses, as his emotions settled, Ming Tang naturally realized his mistake. 


After all, he was the one who suggested the acting, the one who took it too seriously, and even ended up venting his anger at the man. “Brother, I’m sorry, I know I was wrong. It won’t happen again.”


The account full of grievances was instantly wiped clean.


Lin Su gently caressed his cheek and said, “I won’t let anyone else upset you like this again. Too much anger is bad for your health.”


Listening to Lin Su’s considerate words, Ming Tang couldn’t help but recall the earlier tense moment. Even though he knew it was all fake, there was still a lingering unease. “But what if one day, we really end up like that?”


Lin Su playfully tapped his nose and asked, “Are you the type to suffer in silence?”


“Of course not,” Ming Tang replied, scrunching up his nose. He would never quietly endure something like that.


Lin Su chuckled. “I’d like to say you’ll never face such a situation, but if you do, if you can take them on, go ahead and fight. If not, bide your time and let me know. My little darling is definitely not someone to mess with.”


Ming Tang’s personality was indeed like that, and knowing that Lin Su understood him so well made him happy. It felt good to be so deeply understood. 


However, he couldn’t resist teasing, “You’re so good at this. Were you just pretending back when I blew in your ear back then?”


Clearing the new account was one thing, but occasionally bringing up old debts to review was fair game.


He tugged at Lin Su’s collar, and Lin Su raised his hands in mock surrender. “Back then, you were still Wang Pojun’s man. Of course, I’d be jealous if you tried to flirt with me.”


"Still pretending to be straight?" Ming Tang growled, straddling Lin Su's waist aggressively. "Do you realize your mistake now, you fake straight guy?" 


"If I were straight, I'd be into women," Lin Su replied with a smile, leaning back and lying flat.


"You're still trying to argue? That makes it worse," Ming Tang said, looking down at him with mock severity. "Tonight, you're punished with two cups of goji berry tea."


"I admit my mistake and accept the punishment," Lin Su said, holding Ming Tang's waist to steady him. "Be careful, don't fall."


After all, they were lying on a narrow sofa.


Ming Tang’s bravado faded with Lin Su’s gentle warning, and he softened, lying on Lin Su’s chest. "Sigh, I love you so much, but I’m so scared."


It was a mix of sweetness and fear. He always felt like Lin Su was hiding too many secrets, things he didn’t fully understand yet. 


But he was also afraid of understanding them completely, like in the stories where discovering the whole truth made existing happiness vanish.


"As long as you don’t give up, I’ll always be by your side," Lin Su said, stroking his head. "Don’t be afraid."


His voice was deep and gentle, as if it resonated from within his chest. Ming Tang, lying there, listening to his heartbeat, slowly closed his eyes.



While warmth and comfort filled this scene, the atmosphere in Zhu Lang’s small room was tense, almost freezing. 


When Jiang Ruan returned, he found Zhu Lang sitting in a chair, staring at him with a rare, scrutinizing gaze instead of his usual kind smile. “What have you been up to these past few days?”


“What am I doing?” Jiang Ruan felt that victory was within reach, but he knew that the final step toward it required caution. 


If he failed now, everything he had worked for would be wasted. “I’m just trying to secure a good job for myself. I didn’t have the chance before because I was just an ordinary person who had to rely on you. But now that I have an opportunity, I don’t want to live like other ordinary people, and be dependent on others and struggle. If I can find an easy job with a high salary, it’s good for both of us, isn’t it?”


"Do you know what people in the base are saying about you?" Zhu Lang's voice trembled with the weight of the rumors he'd heard, words so ugly they made him cringe just thinking about them. 


And yet, Jiang Ruan's actions seemed to echo those very rumors.


"Are you listening to other people's rumors?" Jiang Ruan sighed, a weary tone lacing his words. 


"Is this the love you claim to have for me? A love so shallow that it changes with the gossip of others? If that's the case, your love isn't very deep, is it? Go on, tell me, what are they saying about me?"


The questions Zhu Lang had meant to ask suddenly felt difficult to voice. 


Doubt gnawed at him—was he being too suspicious? 


Shouldn't he be the one person Jiang Ruan could count on for trust? 


"They... they say you’re infatuated with Brother Lin, that you’re trying to ruin... you know... what."


"A homewrecker, huh?" Jiang Ruan sat down heavily, his eyes reddening. "So that's what you think too, isn't it? Maybe even what you're hoping for? Because if Brother Lin and Ming Tang break up, then you could pursue him openly, right? After all, so many people are after him. What am I but a homewrecker?!"


"Jiang Ruan, I didn't mean it like that... I'm sorry." Zhu Lang buried his face in his hands, overwhelmed with guilt. "I just don’t know what to do. It feels like you’re drifting further and further away from me..."


And becoming more and more of a stranger.


"Let's just take some time to cool down," Jiang Ruan said, standing up and retreating to his room, slamming the door behind him. 


In that moment, all the irritation he'd been hiding was finally released. "Trash," he muttered under his breath, his disdain now fully revealed.


He was no longer willing to waste effort on Zhu Lang. From now on, he would focus entirely on winning over Lin Su and making him his own.


Since that day, Ming Tang had not appeared again. 


Jiang Ruan’s gentle and considerate gestures continued undisturbed. However, every time he felt he was about to fully win over Lin Su, that elusive, unpredictable feeling would resurface.


Spending time with Lin Su, he noticed the qualities in him that others lacked. Whether it was during work, meals, or even an inadvertent small gesture, each moment had the power to make his heart race.


Initially driven by a pursuit of power, Jiang Ruan later realized that his gaze lingering on Lin Su meant he might genuinely be falling for him. 


The deeper his feelings grew, the more envious he became of anyone who had previously been close to Lin Su.


“Brother Lin, are you still living with Brother Ming?” Jiang Ruan asked softly.


Lin Su glanced at him. If it weren’t for the little one at home wanting to play all the time, he wouldn’t have bothered with such an awkward pretense. “I’ve temporarily moved out.”


“Brother Lin, you’re so soft-hearted. Even though you had a fight with Brother Ming, you can’t bear to make him move out. Men like you are rare nowadays,” Jiang Ruan said with a smile.


Lin Su agreed, “After all, we’ve been together. Sometimes, it’s okay to take a step back.”


Jiang Ruan moved closer to him and said, “Since you’ve moved to a new place, could I have the honor of visiting? Just as a friend, and maybe help you warm up the new place?”


Jiang Ruan asked carefully, but given Lin Su's current persona, he naturally couldn’t refuse. “Of course you can.”


Jiang Ruan smiled brightly. “I’ll bring a gift.”


The first batch of harvest in the base had been good, and besides regular meals, ordinary people could manage some additional food processing. 


However, items like alcohol were still quite precious.


When Jiang Ruan arrived, he brought a small jar of wine, holding it up with a smile. “Brother Lin, this is wine I personally brewed. I only got this small jar, but I’m giving it to you as a gift. Is it sincere enough?”


“It’s enough. Come in,” Lin Su said, stepping aside to let him enter.


In the apocalypse, there weren’t too many extravagances, and Lin Su’s room was no different from others, except for being clean and tidy. 


Even a system like System 06 could tell that Jiang Ruan wasn’t here just for a house tour.


Jiang Ruan took a look around, then turned to the jar of wine he had brought. “Brother Lin, would you like to try the wine I brought today? My skills are quite good.”


“I’ll get the glasses,” Lin Su said, already knowing the routine and fully cooperating with a professional attitude.


After placing two glasses on the table, Lin Su went to fetch them. 


Jiang Ruan opened the jar and poured wine into both glasses. He handed one glass to Lin Su with a smile. “Brother Lin.”


Lin Su avoided Jiang Ruan's fingers as he took the glass, bringing it close to his nose. He detected not only a faint alcoholic aroma but also a hint of something like an aphrodisiac. 


If he lacked confidence in his own abilities and needed to rely on physical means to win him over, it was hardly a surprise that he saw Jiang Ruan's methods as clumsy.


When Lin Su lifted his glass, the wine was discreetly poured into the sponge lining his sleeve. 


As he set the glass down, Jiang Ruan did the same with his own, a slight flush on his face. “Brother Lin, how’s the wine?”


“It’s quite good. If it had been aged a bit longer, the flavor would have been better. But considering you’re a novice, it’s already quite impressive,” Lin Su replied.


System 06 assessed Jiang Ruan’s acting skills and found them to be at an all-time low, giving it a single word: perfunctory.


Jiang Ruan’s blush deepened. He grabbed Lin Su’s arm, his voice trembling. “That’s not what I wanted to talk about. You know what I’m thinking, don’t you? I’ve always liked you, from the first moment I saw you. But at that time, I was Zhu Lang’s person. Don’t worry, he never touched me, not even once. I’ve liked you for so long, but you were always with someone else, and I couldn’t even be seen by you. I waited and waited, and only dared to confess after you broke up… It’s so hot…”


Lin Su silently withdrew his hand.


He unfastened his collar, looking agitatedly at Lin Su. “I know you like me too, don’t you? Even if you don’t answer, I like you. I’m willing to give myself to you, just for one night. I only want one night. I don’t want anything else. Will you grant me one night?”


He unbuttoned his shirt, shivering slightly from the chill in the room, a mixture of trepidation and excitement.


But as he moved closer, Lin Su stood up and stepped aside. 


Jiang Ruan, confused, fell onto the sofa, looking up at him. “Brother Lin.”


“Come out,” Lin Su said coldly.


Jiang Ruan followed his gaze and saw Ming Tang and Zhu Lang standing in the doorway. His eyes widened in disbelief, his mind racing, and he found himself inexplicably laughing. “So what if you’re here? Brother Lin and I like each other.”


He spoke with righteous indignation. Ming Tang, smiling, clapped his hands and said, "Very standard, a perfect green tea... b*tch. Brother Zhu, it's up to you to handle this."


He walked directly toward Lin Su and pulled at his collar, inspecting him up and down. "Did my brother get taken advantage of?"


"No," Lin Su allowed him to check but kept his eyes on Zhu Lang, who had a face full of shifting emotions.


A person with a good temperament can only be pushed so far before they start to fight back.


Lin Su and Ming Tang behaved intimately, just as they always had. 


This scene deeply pained Jiang Yuan, and when his remaining intelligence caught up, he widened his eyes in shock. "You were colluding to deceive me?!"


"Finally figured it out?" Ming Tang finished his inspection, bent down, and picked up the wine jar from the table. 


He poured the remaining wine over Jiang Yuan's head from above, laughing at his disheveled appearance. "This is the fate of those who covet what is mine."


Such humiliation, such a victorious expression, Jiang Yuan looked at Lin Su, who was embracing Ming Tang's waist, and asked, "You, you never liked me at all?"


"No. If it weren't for wanting Zhu Lang to see a person for who they really are, you are even less significant to me than a speck of dust," Lin Su said coldly.


If Ming Tang's actions only made him feel humiliated, Lin Su's words could make him collapse. 


"Why? What is he better than me? I’m just the same kind of person as him! Why?! Just because he’s good-looking?! Lin Su, you’re shallow!"


“I am shallow, but how do you even compare to him?” Lin Su said, then gently held Ming Tang’s waist and said, “Let’s leave first.”


“Mm.” Ming Tang rarely saw him with such a cold expression, and the little devil inside him was scared back into hiding. 


But he also inexplicably thought that his cold-faced boyfriend was incredibly attractive and wanted to pounce on him.


Could it be that he has a love-brained person?


With this doubt in mind, Ming Tang was led away. As they passed by, Lin Su patted Zhu Lang on the shoulder and said, “You decide his future.”


In the past, Zhu Lang was very protective of Jiang Ruan. Even when Jiang Ruan was slightly bullied, Zhu Lang would be deeply concerned if his eyes turned red. 


Yet, when Jiang Ruan was doused with wine and Lin Su spoke those cutting words, he didn’t even flinch.


Zhu Lang replied with an "Mm." 


At the moment the door closed, Jiang Ruan, who had been hysterical, suddenly trembled. He looked at Zhu Lang and asked, “What, what do you want?”


“What are you afraid of from me?” Zhu Lang’s voice was now hoarse. 


While he had been repeatedly troubled by whether he had done something wrong, the person he had always cherished could so easily trample on his genuine feelings, deceive him, conceal the truth, persuade him, and use him, grinding him into the mud and making him unrecognizable.


“So you’re afraid too,” Zhu Lang said.


Jiang Yuan retreated, putting on his own clothes, and said, “Zhu Lang, Zhu Lang, I know I was wrong. It’s… it’s them who deceived me… not me…”


The effects of the aphrodisiac weren’t very strong. Because he was afraid of being discovered and of Lin Su finding out that his impulses tonight were not due to love, the slight dizziness from the drug was completely washed away by the wine that had been poured over him.


It made him clearly aware that he was just an ordinary person, while Zhu Lang had an ability to crush stones with a single punch.


“Jiang Ruan, from the very beginning, I, Zhu Lang, have never wronged you. Yes, I liked you, but I knew I wasn’t worthy of you. It was you who said you wanted to be with me. I was overjoyed. I didn’t want you to suffer even a little bit of hardship, no matter how hard or painful it was for me,” Zhu Lang recalled the darkness of the early apocalypse with a bitter smile. 


“Back then, when my powers had just awakened, I hid with you, found a bit of food and gave it all to you, saying I’d make sure you lived a good life. You wouldn’t let me touch you, so I waited, waiting for you to accept me… Now we’re living a good life, no longer starving. I thought you had changed, but now I realize that you’ve always been like this. It’s just that in our original base, only I could protect you. Now, there are more powerful people here, more handsome than me, and more perceptive than me…”


He swallowed and sighed, “Actually, I never intended to bind you with any kind of favor. Whether or not you’re with me, we’re still friends. How could I abandon you? Love is just about being together if you like each other. If you don’t like me, I won’t force you. If you like someone else, just tell me… just tell me!!!”


The strong man, who had never cried even when his thigh was pierced by steel bars, now couldn’t control his tears.


Jiang Ruan was startled by him and said softly, “I’m sorry, Zhu Lang, I didn’t mean to. It was them who seduced me first. They set a trap for me, and that’s why I fell deeper and deeper. This can’t be blamed on me… Zhu Lang, will you still want me?”


Zhu Lang wiped his tears with the back of his hand and suddenly laughed. He wasn’t laughing at the person in front of him but at how ridiculous he felt. 


Just for someone like this, just for someone like this: “You still haven’t repented, you're still the same… Jiang Ruan, you haven’t realized your mistake. You’re just choosing your next option. I’m just a backup, maybe I’m just destined to be worthless. I thought that if you realized your mistake the first time, as a friend I could have let you live well in the base. But you…”


He didn’t finish his sentence. Jiang Ruan nervously swallowed and said, “Zhu Lang, I really know I was wrong.”


“It's too late.” A rare coldness appeared on Zhu Lang's usually earnest face. 


Even though he was a good person before the apocalypse, the long years of hardship and the necessity to be ruthless had made him hard where needed, especially towards a mere ordinary person. 


He had just kept his initial kindness when it came to Jiang Ruan. “Jiang Ruan, I've advanced to Level 6. I was planning to surprise you, but I don’t think you need it now.”


Jiang Ruan's eyes widened in shock, and he tried to say something to make amends, but Zhu Lang interrupted him mercilessly: “Jiang Ruan, do you know? Brother Lin’s ability level is actually only Level 4. Of course, I’m not belittling his ability level; he earns everyone's respect through his skills. Even though I’m now Level 6, I still think I can’t match him. But do you know Ming Tang’s ability level?”


Jiang Ruan hoarsely asked, “He’s an ability user too?”


“He wasn’t seen before because he was in seclusion. His ability level is now Level 7. The previous leader of the base was removed by Ming Tang, and Brother Lin was also supported by him,” Zhu Lang said calmly. 


“He focuses on one person and is not fickle. He wouldn’t seduce someone who already has a partner. Jiang Ruan, he’s not like you. I have no interest in him, and you know that. I’m not going to take the blame for the trouble you caused. I just want to say, you’re not in the same league as him. You really don’t deserve to compare yourself to him.”


Being told by someone he once looked down on that he was unworthy, Jiang Ruan’s breathing trembled. “That’s because he’s an ability user. It would be different if he was an ordinary person! You ability users don’t understand how hard we have it…”


“So I won’t kick you out of the base. As an ordinary person, you’ll truly experience their hardships,” Zhu Lang said as he stood up. “There are many places in the base that need hard labor. I’ll assign someone to keep an eye on you, make you work hard, and earn your food to survive.”


“You want me to do hard labor? Even if I die, I won’t let you succeed,” Jiang Ruan said with a trembling voice.


Zhu Lang turned his back to him and said, “Jiang Ruan, you understand me, and I understand you. You’re afraid of death, and you’re most unwilling to die.”


He left through the door, leaving Jiang Ruan alone on the cold, damp floor, trembling all over. 


He had wanted to be someone important, terrified of living like an ordinary person. 


Now, after going in circles, it seemed like he was about to fall back into the environment he most dreaded—being bullied and constantly enslaved. He didn’t want to live that kind of life.


Jiang Ruan noticed the wine jar nearby, crawled over, and smashed it on the floor. Thinking of Zhu Lang’s solemn words, he picked up a shard and pressed it against his wrist. 


Despite pressing hard, he couldn’t cut himself, and in his frustration, he threw away the shard and hugged his knees, crying bitterly.


He regretted it. He truly regretted it. If he had known Lin Su was deceiving him, if he had known Ming Tang was not easy to deal with, he would have stayed obediently by Zhu Lang’s side. 


But now, he had nothing left.


As the door closed, the sound of something breaking was heard from the room. Lin Su, leaning against the wall, looked at Zhu Lang and asked, “Aren’t you worried?”


Zhu Lang’s smile had faded. He remained respectful towards Lin Su, “His life and death are up to him. He isn’t truly willing to die. Thank you this time, Brother Lin, Brother Ming.”


If it weren’t for this harsh treatment, he would have been reluctant to leave the person inside. 


He would have kept hoping, but by the time he realized that person was not kind, it would have been too late.


Lin Su observed Zhu Lang's expression and knew he had truly moved on, acknowledging the effort he had put in: “You don’t resent us for using this method?”


“I was actually resentful at first, but if it wasn’t you, it would have been someone else. If others were to help me, they might have come back and stepped on me even harder if I were with him. That would have been much worse,” Zhu Lang said seriously. “I haven’t read many books, but I still understand the principles.”


In the apocalypse, there are very few who are truly sincere, and he could still distinguish between kindness and malice.


“I thought you were a bit dense, but it turns out you’re quick to adapt,” Ming Tang said with a smile. “Since this isn’t worth it, take some time to adjust. When you’re ready, I’ll find someone better for you. Tell me what you want, and I’ll make sure you get the treatment of a top-level ability user.”


“Thank you in advance, Brother Ming,” Zhu Lang said with a smile.


He appeared to have let go, but after such a long time, some feelings are not so easily put aside. 


Lin Su put his arm around Ming Tang’s waist and said, “We’ll deal with future matters later. For now, focus on your work.”


“I wasn’t finished speaking,” Ming Tang mumbled quietly.


“Talk to me about it later,” Lin Su said, lowering his head.


Ming Tang might not fully understand the pain of emotions due to his age, but Lin Su knew that saying anything now and delaying it for the future would only add to the pain.


Zhu Lang smiled genuinely this time: “Alright, take care.”


Ming Tang walked alongside Lin Su, playfully complaining, “Why didn’t you let me finish earlier? There’s a saying that goes, ‘To let go of an ex, you need to start a new relationship.’”


“False logic,” Lin Su said.


“Where’s the false logic?” Ming Tang was not quite convinced.


Lin Su patted his head and said, “If you haven’t moved on from a previous relationship, starting a new one is disrespectful to your new partner. A new partner deserves to be treated seriously, not just as a remedy for your wounds.”


Ming Tang felt persuaded: “Brother, you’re amazing. Are you going to be my life mentor?”


“Is there a reward?” Lin Su asked with a smile.


Ming Tang supported himself on Lin Su’s shoulder and gave him a kiss on the face: “How about this as a reward?”


“This is a benefit I should receive as a partner,” Lin Su said, gently shaking his head.


Ming Tang pouted: “Then you can pick what you want yourself. Anyway, I’m all yours.”


Lin Su laughed softly, then raised his hand and gave Ming Tang a playful swat on the butt: “This one.”


Ming Tang was initially surprised, then let out a laugh: “Brother, you’re so lecherous, but I like that you’re lecherous towards me.”


He leaned close to Lin Su’s shoulder and whispered in his ear: “Tangtang’s little bottom is only for Brother to pat. The life mentor needs to teach Tangtang well…”


He was so playful and ticklish that Lin Su’s arm tensed, and he quickly picked him up and carried him back. 


Ming Tang laughed uncontrollably in his arms all the way back, his laughter only ceasing when the door was finally closed behind them.


When System 06 was locked in the small dark room, watching the footage on the camera, they thought that in terms of being “flirtatious,” Little Ming Tang was on par with the host.


Everyone saw Jiang Ruan bringing gifts to Lin Su. Those who understood thought it was the precursor to an explosion at the base, while those that didn’t know thought that a new mistress was about to take the position.


Jiang Ruan thought he had been discreet, but once could be a coincidence; three or four times was definitely intentional. 


In peacetime, a mistress taking over would be condemned, but in the apocalypse, where even finding enough food could be a struggle, such matters were often only discussed in whispers. 


It was somewhat disheartening that someone like Brother Lin was not immune to the fickleness of men.


However, contrary to what was expected, Lin Su brought Ming Tang along the next day. 


Ming Tang, still looking as cheerful as ever, showed no signs of defeat as the official wife was pushed out by the mistress.


 Moreover, Jiang Ruan’s presence was completely absent from the central area.


Those who understood exchanged glances, feeling that peace might be on the horizon. Those who didn’t think it might mean a victory in the struggle. 


But if it were about catching someone in the act, wouldn’t there be a public uproar?


Rumors spread uncontrollably. By noon, news had emerged that Jiang Ruan was sent off to labor, and it was also revealed that Zhu Lang had broken through to Level 6.


“There’s no need to guess about anything. Brother Lin and Brother Ming just wanted to teach him a lesson and help me see his true colors,” Zhu Lang said directly to those who were confused.


He didn’t like to hide things. It wasn’t his fault if his partner wanted to put a green hat on him. He believed he had done his best, and there was no need to retain any remaining feelings.


With the truth revealed, those who understood thought: Brother Ming was indeed just playing around.


Those who didn’t understand were left in shock, feeling they had witnessed an extraordinary drama and eaten a top-tier gossip.


During lunch, Ming Tang once again made chicken meatballs and handed them to Lin Su: “Brother, try this.”


Lin Su took a bite without hesitation. Cheng Song, ever the tactful assistant, clarified: “Brother Lin isn’t allergic to chicken, is he?”


“It’s just a way of rejecting someone,” Lin Su said, “and you actually believe that?”


At that moment, the people around felt a bit sorry for Jiang Ruan. Despite his high status, he was no match for the higher status of these two individuals and could only resign himself to his misfortune. 


It seemed that provoking this couple was the last thing anyone should do.


And Brother Lin was still the familiar Brother Lin, speaking to them in a manner completely different from how he spoke to Ming Tang.


“Have another one,” Ming Tang said with a smile.


Lin Su took a bite and said, “You eat it yourself. I don’t like meat.”


“Alright.” Ming Tang used another pair of chopsticks to place a meatball onto Cheng Song’s plate. “You should try it too. I noticed you don’t eat much.”


There was a brief moment of awkward silence. 


Lin Su glanced at Cheng Song, who smiled and said, “In the apocalypse, everyone struggles to survive. I thought I should eat less, and my appetite has indeed gotten smaller. Thank you for your concern, sister-in-law.”


“When I was with Wang Pojun, your Brother Lin, also called me sister-in-law, and then immediately took me to bed,” Ming Tang said with a smile. “You don’t have the same intention, do you?”


Wang Tai, who had been quietly eating, choked and coughed. 


Cheng Song laughed and said, “Brother Ming is joking.”


This is obviously looking for trouble.


Post a Comment

1 Comments

Post a Comment

Contact Form